You are here
With age, the skin tends to dry out, the complexion becomes dull and wrinkles gradually appear. To avoid these ageing signs setting in too fast and deep into skin, it is vital to pay very close attention to one’s skin.
Make-up removal and cleansing: vital actions
We all know it: make-up removal and cleansing are the essentials of any beauty routine. But did you know that these are also vital actions for an effective anti-ageing routine? Indeed, the impurities and dead cells that accumulate on the surface of the skin (sebum + toxins during the night, sebum + make-up + pollution in the day), stop the skin from appropriately oxygenating itself, causing a dull complexion and accelerating the process of skin ageing.
Hydrate your skin better
Ageing leads to the dehydration of the skin, which promotes in its turn the appearance of wrinkles. To help slow down the appearance of the signs of ageing, it is essential to hydrate yourself, by drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day and nourishing your skin with hydrating creams adapted to your skin type and maturity.
Proven anti-ageing products
With age, the body functions less effectively. The cell renewal of the skin takes place more slowly: skin regenerates less quickly, dead cells accumulate on the surface. Similarly, the production of collagen and elastic, which gives skin its firmness and elasticity, diminishes. Anti-ageing products help you prevent and correct all of these phenomena, thanks to the active ingredients they contain. To help you understand better the ingredients in your tubes and jars of cream, note that:
- Retinol helps stimulate cell renewal and the production of collagen, a molecule which gives elasticity to the skin.
- Hyaluronic acid, which is naturally produced by the body or you can find in certain creams, is capable of retaining water and, consequently, helping to plump the skin.
- Anti-oxidants like vitamin C and vitamin E can help protect the skin from the harmful effects of free radicals and external aggressions.
- Glycerin and Shea butter are ultra-hydrating body butters.
- Bugrane is a plant whose extract helps to restart the production of elastin, a molecule which gives the skin its suppleness.